For many, myself included, pets are an integral part of our lives and members of the family. Through the years, I have owned many wonderful pets: mostly dogs, a few cats, a gerbil and a hamster (not at the same time), and even the occasional fresh-water aquarium. I’m sure all of you have your favorite memories of childhood pets. I know that I do. I enjoy looking back through the photo albums of my childhood at the photos of me hugging on the family pet. As I got older, I got busy. I still spent quality time with my pets but, somehow, I never seemed to remember to grab the camera and take their pictures.
A few years ago, one of my English Cockers, Keegan, passed away at the tender age of 3 years. He was healthy, vibrant, and showing in an obedience trial one weekend. On Monday, he quit eating his favorite snack, popcorn. A week later, he was gone. We never were able to determine why his body shut down on him. I still get tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat remembering that weekend spent at the emergency veterinary clinic. I was fortunate that I had made a few portraits of him a year earlier, but I am saddened that I don’t have more to remember him by.
I’m Janice Lukenbill and I am the owner of Images by Janice, LLC. My goal is to produce beautiful photographic portraits of your pets – classical pet portraits that will serve as lasting memories of your cuddly canine, furry feline or other beloved pet. I am a member of the Photo Pro Network and the Professional Photographers of America. I enjoy practicing the art of photography and am always working to improve my work. I look forward to the opportunity to photograph your wonderful pets! Drop me a note via the “Contact me” button above or call me at 502-592-7071 to schedule a consultation and portrait session.
- 2014 Summer Hot Shots Best in Show – Photo Pro Network
- 2014 Horizon Award – Photo Pro Network (Kentucky affiliate of Professional Photographers of America)
- 2nd place – Arts Association of Oldham County juried exhibit “Animal Attractions” 2014
- 2nd place – Arts Association of Oldham County juried exhibit “Animal Attractions” 2017
- Creator of several merited prints at state, district and international levels
- Certified Professional Photographer (CPP)
- PPA – Professional Photographers of America
- PPN – Photo Pro Network (formerly the Kentucky Professional Photographers Association)
- Greater Louisville Training Club